I have not read it but it sounds intriguing! When I do read it I will post my thoughts!
You are truly a kindred spirit ;) The same thing happened to me during exams this year. I watched the whole series over christmas break then when classes started again I had to watch it again….. and again
Glad you found me! I live in Nova Scotia, where Anne was born and went to school in the books lol, so lots of people know about Anne but it is always a treat to find fans in other countries! :)
Don’t we all! Anne and Gil have such a romantic love story. I still have hope :)
I feel exactly the same way! I have been watching the movies/reading the books since I was a kid and they still make me giddy :)
“But think of Green Gables now, Gilbert … the Lake of Shining Waters with a blue mist on it … the maples across the brook beginning to turn scarlet … the ferns golden brown in the Haunted Wood … and the sunset shadows in Lover’s Lane, darling spot. I find it in my heart to wish I were there now with … with … guess whom?
“Do you know, Gilbert, there are times when I strongly suspect that I love you!”
-Anne of the Windy Poplars
- Aunt Josephine Barry: You won't win that Blythe boy back by punishing him.
- Anne Shirley: I wonder why everyone seems to think I ought to be with Gilbert Blythe.
- Anne Shirley: Our friendship, it won't ever be the same now. Why can't he just be sensible instead of acting like a sentimental schoolboy?
- Marilla Cuthbert: Because he loves you.
- Anne Shirley: He loves me? I can't know why.
- Marilla Cuthbert: Because you made Josie Pye and Ruby Gillis and all of those wishy-washy young ladies who waltzed by him look like spineless nothings.
- Anne Shirley: Marilla, he's hardly my idea of a romantic suitor.
- Marilla Cuthbert: Anne, you have tricked something out of that imagination of yours that you call romance. Have you forgotten how he gave up the Avonlea school for you so that you could stay here with me? He picked you up everyday in his carriage so that you could study your courses together. Don't toss it away for some ridiculous ideal that doesn't exist. Hmm? Now, you come downstairs and see if a good cup of tea and some of those plum puffs I made today don't hearten you.
ME TOO!! Since starting this blog I’ve found so many fellow AoGG fans!! It’s so exciting finding other people who share my passion! :)
Thank you! I too rediscovered Anne of Green Gables after reading it as a child! You appreciate so much more as an adult!!